Fund Awards FAQs
1. What Differentiates Our Awards From Other Awards?
We have limited information on what other organisations do, so it is difficult for us to comment on their awards or the research and methodology behind them.
What we can say is that our awards are based on more than 20 years of researching funds and conducting tenders for large corporates and, in that time, we and our methodology have been rigorously tested. We believe this adds considerable credibility to our views.
Chant West believes that the super industry deserves industry awards that are of the highest quality and that are based on the most independent and rigorous analysis of the capabilities of super funds.
2. What Are The 13 Awards Categories?
- Super Fund of the Year
- Pension Fund of the Year
- Specialist Fund of the Year
- Corporate Solutions Fund of the Year
- Advised Product of the Year
- Best Fund: Advice Services
- Best Fund: Investments
- Best Fund: Insurance
- Best Fund: Member Services
- Best Fund: Longevity Product
- Best Fund: Integrity
- Best Fund: Innovation
- Best Fund: Responsible Investment
3. How Many Finalists Will Be Chosen In Each Category?
There will be 10 finalists in the Super and Pension Funds of the Year, Best Fund: Investments, Best Fund: Member Services, Best Fund: Advice Services and Best Fund: Insurance categories. The remaining categories will have five finalists.
Eligibility to be included in the Awards
4. Does Our Fund Have To Apply To Be Included In The Awards?
No. All of the funds we research – about 450 in total – are automatically included.
5. What Information Is Used To Assess Each Fund?
Our starting point is the information we have in our database. We will continue to monitor and review this information until the cut-off point for the 2022 awards, which is the end of March. During March and April we will be meeting with many funds to source further information that will help us decide on the winners.
6. Our Fund Is Not Rated. Are We In The Awards?
All funds are candidates for the awards, where relevant. Clearly, we have much more information on the funds we rate versus those we don’t, so it is unlikely that unrated funds will feature in the awards.
Ratings & Award Methodology
7. What Is Your Methodology For Rating Funds?
The main rating criteria and their weightings are shown in the table below:
More information about how we rate funds can be found on the Fund Ratings section of our website.
8. Do You Use Any Further Methodology For The Awards?
Our starting point is to use the scores from our ratings process to determine the finalists in each category. Where scores are very close, Chant West’s research team overlays its broader knowledge of each product to determine the finalists.
We then meet with most of the finalists to gain a deeper understanding of what each fund is doing to improve member outcomes through their product offerings, how they invest and how they engage with members. These meetings help us determine the winners.
A short description on each Awards category can be found here.
9. Do You Have Any Independents On The Judging Panel?
No. We don’t believe it is necessary as we are an independent firm and researching and assessing super and pension funds been our core business for over 20 years.
Marketing Opportunities for Funds
10. Will There Be Any Marketing Opportunities For The Finalists And Winners?
Funds can subscribe for a fee to our Promotional Licence to help promote their products through our awards logos. We offer a range of finalists and winners logos for each of the 12 awards categories. Combined with our ratings logos, it produces a strong marketing message for all communications. For more information on this service, please contact us.
11. When And Where Will The 2022 Chant West Super Fund Awards Be Held?
|Date||Wednesday, 25 May 2022|
|Time||6:30pm - 10:30pm|
|Location||Ivy Ballroom, Sydney|
12. Will The Chant West Awards Be A COVID Safe Event?
Yes. During the current COVID-19 Pandemic, the priority of Chant West is the health and safety of its staff, clients, suppliers and other industry participants with whom we have contact. Chant West and Merivale are registered COVID Safe businesses and have their own COVID-19 Safety Plans in place. Find out about guest health and safety here.
13. How Do I Register To Attend The Awards?
Registrations are now open. Visit www.chantwestawards.com.au to book single tickets ($295 each incl. GST) or a table of 10 ($2,750 incl. GST).
14. Which Payment Methods Do You Accept?
We accept Visa, Mastercard and American Express credit card payments securely through our registration website.
Can't Find What You're Looking For?
Send your enquiry to firstname.lastname@example.org.